Our investment approach
No two clients of ours have the same investment portfolio.
Instead, we base your portfolio on your unique objectives and risk profile, picking investment funds based on a tried and tested approach of quantitative and qualitative analysis.
This is the process and approach that we follow:
- Understand your financial situation and your existing investments.
- Establish your objectives, needs and timescales.
- Understand the amount of risk you are prepared to take.
- Understand the risk you might need to take to achieve what you want.
- Assess your ability to cope with a fall in the value of your investments.
- Recommend a suitable asset allocation for your portfolio.
- Take into account your ability to take risk.
- Build-in any personal requirements such as an ethical bias
- Analyse your existing investments, asset allocation, features and benefits.
- Determine changes required to remove unsuitable funds for others that better suit you.
- Explain the different approaches and agree which you prefer: whether that’s buy and hold, market timing, momentum investing or active asset allocation.
- Consider using a specialist investment manager.
- Complete quantitative analysis: Filter down every fund available based on data, including performance, volatility, risk metrics, size and sector coverage.
- Complete qualitative analysis: Consider investment process, strategy, manager.
- Analyse your tax position.
- Review all suitable tax wrappers based on your situation.
- Make recommendations to mitigate tax where possible.
- Analyse the costs involved for all the solutions we are considering.
- Ensure that the value to you justifies the cost.
- Ensure investment providers are financially robust.
- Confirm our specific recommendations and the underlying reasons.
- Demonstrate the effects of adopting our recommendations.
- Set out an action plan.
- Arrange new investments.
- Switch funds as appropriate.
- Update records.
- Provide regular valuations and review investment performance.
- Make adjustments to the portfolio as needed.
- Provide ongoing advice as required.